I was lucky to recently appear behind the microphone as a guest on a couple of excellent content marketing and brand journalism podcasts – Brand Newsroom out of Perth, which has been one of my faves for a few months now – and Brand Storytelling, which features US-based brand journalist Phoebe Chongchua and Rakhal Ebeli, the CEO of Melbourne-based Newsmodo.com (disclosure: I’m an advisor to Newsmodo.com).
I’ve embedded both episodes below. Take a listen if you get a minute, love to hear what you think – and if brand journalism is a topic that’s of interest to you, I recommend subscribing to both shows on iTunes. Brand Newsroom is really developing a strong following worldwide, while Brand Storytelling is only new on the podcasting scene but has already made the iTunes ‘New and Noteworthy’ list.
BRAND NEWSROOM – How PR is Changing in a Digital Age
In this episode I join James Lush, Sarah Mitchell and Nic Hayes to chat about how PR is changing in the digital age. It’s a broad conversation that touches on the intersection of PR, content marketing and advertising.
BRAND STORYTELLING - What Content Marketing Can Do For Your Brand
In this episode of Brand Storytelling you’ll learn:
- How to know your audience by focusing on your audience “avatar”.
- What kind of content you should produce to connect with your target audience.
- How to become a publishing brand.
- Why you have to hire a brand journalist and how your brand should work with a journalist.
- Why editorial content is read more than other content and how brands can make their own.
And if you are still in need of a podcast fix, my show – REPUTATION REVOLUTION: DIY Personal Branding for Business Professionals – is up and running. You can subscribe on iTunes here.