I focus my keynote presentations around the core theme of using social media and content marketing to build a brand’s visibility, influence and authority in the marketplace.
In essence, I help people (who either run their own small enterprise, or work for a larger organisation) to better understand how they can use today’s social technologies and online publishing platforms to more effectively tell their story, grow their audience and build their brand and their business or organisation.
Real-life brand examples
This is a broad and ever-evolving theme; rather than get hung up on the tools and the technology, I ‘paint a picture’ of what’s possible in today’s noisy social world, providing heaps of real-life examples of savvy brands from Australia and around the world that are using social media and content marketing to cut through and resonate with empowered consumers.
PLEASE NOTE: I spend considerable time tailoring my presentations for specific audiences. While social media and content marketing best practice doesn’t necessarily change in theory from (big) company to (small) company to individuals (personal brands), different sized businesses do face their own sets of challenges; as well, nuances exist between certain industries necessitating specific research for each presentation I deliver.
2021 KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS:
I have developed, road-tested and refined a number of signature marketing presentations themed across the following interrelated topics: Social media, content marketing, leadership communications and personal branding.
These topics are highly relevant for a broad range of audiences and can be tailored where necessary for the following:
- company directors, business leaders and senior executives, or PR and marketing personnel, from large and fast-growing medium-sized businesses, nonprofits and government organisations;
- ‘individuals’ i.e. entrepreneurs, business owners subject matter experts and professionals running personal brand-based businesses.
BECOMING A ‘CONNECTED’ BRAND: How to cut through and stay relevant in a noisy, always-on digital world
New and challenging times require companies and organisations to think differently about the way they communicate with the ‘outside world’.
In this popular signature presentation, I join the dots of what forward-thinking savvy brands are doing today to communicate and market more effectively with their audience, and provide up-to-the-minute examples of companies and organisations that are purposefully using social technologies and online publishing platforms to increase the level of connection they have with the marketplace and community in which they operate.
This presentation is as much around adopting a new marketing and communications mindset as it is about the tools and the technologies being used.
- How savvy ‘Connected Brands’ (large, small and micro businesses), by challenging the notion of traditional marketing, are succeeding in cutting through the clutter and resonating with customers and influencers.
- Why smart marketing today is about humanity, humility, passion and value.
- What is a ‘village of support’ and why it’s critical for future brand success.
- The power of social media and content marketing when used with passion, purpose and strategic intent.
(Trevor) is a very engaging presenter and has an exemplary grasp of his subject matter.”Richard Dunkerley, Zurich Financial Services
PRACTICAL CONTENT MARKETING FOR BUSINESS: Tell your story, grow your audience, build your brand and your business
Brands today are in an ideal position to take control of their content versus relying on external third parties (i.e. traditional media) to tell their story; the potential impact of this opportunity is massive for businesses of all sizes and should not be understated!
In this presentation, I introduce the concept of content marketing and why it’s taking the business world by storm. I also includes case studies and examples of businesses of all types and sizes that are publishing their own content, and in effect becoming their own media companies! Suitable for businesses of all sizes, including micro enterprises run by solo professionals.
- The basics of content marketing – what is it, what’s involved and who’s doing it properly.
- How being a ‘multi-dimensional storyteller’ can help build credibility, authority and visibility for your brand.
- Learn the secrets of successful bloggers and multimedia content creators – and put these ideas to work immediately in your business!
- Understand where social media fits in the content marketing equation.
N.B. A slightly more advanced presentation – BECOME YOUR OWN MEDIA COMPANY: Tell your story, grow your audience, build your brand and your business – follows similar lines but assumes some knowledge of social media and content marketing on the part of the audience and thus is designed to challenge people to become more creative and compelling in their content marketing efforts.
Trevor delivers great content that the audience loves.”Enoch Ko, University of Melbourne Alumni Association
BEYOND THE SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE: A no-nonsense guide for making social media work for your business
Let’s face it, there is still much confusion around how to use social media effectively for business.
In this presentation, I strip away the hype and focus on what brands from around the world are doing right when it comes to using social media to market their business. Includes inspiring examples of brands and individuals who are ‘nailing’ social media and content marketing in their industry and profession.
This presentation is aimed at solopreneurs, small business owners and nonprofit organisations.
- The hits and myths of social media – what works, what doesn’t and why.
- Understand the nuances of the ever-evolving new media landscape – why ‘rushing in’ is the worst thing your business or organisation can do.
- Real-time challenges of the social web – and what you can do to overcome them.
- How to use social media to humanise your brand and deliver value to the marketplace.
Trevor is one of the best facilitators out there at the moment. He is an absolute pleasure to work with, from start to finish.Neil O’Sullivan, Public Relations Institute of Australia
PERSONAL BRANDING FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS: Building visibility, influence and trust in a social age
Being perceived as a thought leader in your industry or profession can deliver huge benefits for business as well as personally. The good news is the opportunity for savvy business professionals, entrepreneurs and subject matter experts to differentiate their personal brand using social media and online publishing platforms has never been greater, or more affordable.
In this information-packed presentation, I show how business professionals (and the companies they work for) can strategically differentiate themselves and their ideas in the marketplace by effectively leveraging social technologies to build influence and authority in their brand.
- What it takes to become a genuine thought leader in today’s ‘Connection Economy’.
- How to cut through the clutter: Practical social media and content marketing strategies designed to build profile, credibility and influence in the marketplace.
- Includes inspiring examples of today’s ‘New Thought Leader’, forward-thinking professionals and experts who are growing their reputation using social media and content marketing strategies along with more traditional PR techniques.
Trevor walks the talk – he’s got a constant finger on the pulse regarding what’s hot and what’s not from around the globe.”Yvonne Adele, MC & Professional Speaker